The journey to outstanding
PLEASE NOTE: This book is now available as part of a two-for-one compendium edition called How to Teach. For more information, click here.
Buy the book:
Paperback: AMAZON | BARNES AND NOBLE (US only)
eBook: KINDLE | iBOOK | KOBO | NOOK (US only)
Read the blurb:
TEACH is a brand new book on pedagogy by the best-selling author of Leadership for Learning, The IQ Myth, and Ofsted Thriving Not Surviving.
This book has something for everyone: from the NQT looking for teaching tips to the experienced school principal looking for leadership inspiration.
It offers teaching advice about evidence-based classroom practice and leadership advice about improving the quality of teaching in schools and colleges.
It covers an impressive range of topics including:
- Defining outstanding teaching and learning
- Using formative feedback, questioning, and differentiation in the classroom
- Managing classroom behaviour and creating a culture of excellence
- Improving the process of lesson observation and evaluation
- Improving professional development inc the use of coaching and lesson study
- Using cognitive science to improve lesson planning and delivery
- Developing a growth mindset culture in the classroom
…and much more besides.